Friday, January 31, 2014

LETS MAKE A KITCHEN CHALKBOARD ON A SNOWY DAY!

I love chalkboards! I have one on my pantry door I made quite some time ago, or should I say had one. Until today. But it was made on thin wood and was starting to warp. So I decided to take it down and make another. Only this time on the wall in the kitchen instead of the pantry door.

STILL NEEDS A BORDER OF SOME KIND
It's so easy to do them so I just decided on a whim to start it last night. That's me again. Poor planning. I ran out of painters tape and didn't have spackling to take care of previous nail holes. (Something I would have done if I planned this!) And I still need to do a border around it but its up for now. I can't figure out if I want to do a wood type frame -I was thinking a yardstick look- how cool is that thought?...

or maybe stencil a border around it. I haven't decided. I also needed a chalk holder so... I went looking in the junk room spare bedroom and I found a piece of wood that has the saying "It's a Wonderful Life" on it. It's just a little trinket for a shelf but it'll work. It was painted a bright yellow and I didn't want that look so I thought I'd add some stain to it that I had laying around. Then I added small little brackets to the back and up it went. I love it!
 Who woulda thought that little piece of wood would make such a cute chalk holder??? 
Well this was a nice little project for a snowy day. I guess if you can call 3 inches of snow a snowy day. But we don't get much here in this little beach town in southeast North Carolina, so everything kinda shuts down. Hope y'all are staying warm where you are. :)
ISN'T IT SO CUTE?!


UPSTAIRS IN A JUNK BIN PAINTED OVER
AFTER STAINING. MUCH BETTER!


LITTLE BRACKETS-SO HARD TO GET ON 
WITH THE TINY LITTLE NAILS!

QUICK TAPE OFF...
KINDA SLOPPY BUT IT DID THE TRICK

GUESS I COULDA REMOVED 
THE NAILS FIRST HUH? LOL...

FIRST COAT








No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!