Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DESPERATELY IN NEED OF SOME DECORATING TIPS FOR A NAKED WALL!

DELILAH CURTAINS FROM PIER 1
I've been working on my living room for a while now. Its forever changing. I posted the finished room picture here. But alas, it's changed again. And it's still not really done. I've changed the curtains from my beloved Pier 1 Citron flowered ones (which I will not part with and will use again) here to some beautifully delicate lacy white ones which I equally love. I can't wait to have the windows open and see them waving in the breezes...

I took down all my shelves that I just bought and had my hubby put up...
They just seemed a little to busy on both sides...
And then once I took them down I decided to put a few back up.
Yes I can be fickle, but it takes me seeing something to know whether it works for me.
I painted the wall clock from this aqua to white and moved it to the other wall.





I changed out the coffee table I recently painted and didn't really like nor was it my style to an older coffee table I made a couple years ago. It's still not the "one" and I think I want to still want to make another one, but it works for now.
MADE THIS COFFEE TABLE A YEAR OR SO AGO










And I painted this corner hutch white from it's original aqua and went from this ......

to this..................
I love white.
FOREVER CHANGING LIVING ROOM....

 People say white isn't a "color" but it sure is to me. I use white all through my house. It's clean and fresh and brightens up any room you have. And so easy to clean or bleach!

Here's my question for y'all though. Please give me some feed back because I am at a loss. This is the wall I can not seem to bring into the rest of the room. (The picture frame there now is just thrown up there to get an idea).


I love picture walls like this,
Isn't that cool???? I found that idea here.... http://inthralld.com/2013/02/20-great-gallery-wall-ideas-for-your-bare-walls/

and I like this
that I found at 
the inspiredroom.net   
(a great blog I follow) or this one which I have seen a zillion times online and love it so much!! And since it's traveled the web so much I am just giving credit to the last source I saw it posted at but I think it was just Pottery Barn originally...

http://www.homedit.com/tips-for-creating-a-cohesive-gallery-wall/

 and this is not my style but I saw it and thought I had to share cuz it's just so FUN!
Isn't this a blast? And so creative! http://www.drivenbydecor.com/


But since there is a fireplace on the opposite wall along with some shelves should I go simple like this?
followpics.net/suzanne-dingley-mounts-our-marrakesh-oval-mirror-over-her-buffet-i-like-how-it-brings-an-ethnic-boho-vibe-to-the-room/

or this.... I do LOVE mirrors. They reflect so much light and brighten the place up so much. Yep, clocks and mirrors.
http://www.dogsdonteatpizza.com/
 I am willing to move the white corner hutch out and find a new home for it or incorporate it. Family pictures next to it? One big picture or a huge mirror? Wall words on a sign? C'mon folks...I covet  your comments!  Yeah, in the scope of life it doesn't mean much but 
I am at a loss and I get obsessed with details. Your thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!