Friday, October 25, 2013

Transitions....

SO THIS IS WHAT MY FAMILY ROOM LOOKS LIKE NOW.....
When we bought the house back in October 2007 the walls were barren white and the floor was ugly  uh..not very pretty. Sorry just not my cup of tea! And the furniture was just a mish mosh of different things. It's a good size house so I am still working on it. This room has gone through so many transitions and different looks but here is the beginning and then.... 


 AND THEN WE DID THE FLOORS.....



WELL MICHAEL WITH MAD HOME IMPROVEMENTS DID......

 AND THEN WE HAD NEW FLOORS....AND IT LOOKED LIKE THIS!!!

THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS NOW! I LOVE MY NEW DRAPES, NEW FLOORING AND THE COLORS....IT STILL NEEDS LOTS OF TWEEKING BUT IT IS NOW A ROOM THAT FEELS COMFORTABLE AND INVITING...
THE ONE THING I DESPERATELY NEED IN THIS ROOM IS A RUG AND I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND ON WHAT I WANT SO THAT'S IN THE WORKS. DO I GO BLACK? DARK CHARCOAL GREY? LIGHT GREY? YELLOW WOULD BE GREAT BUT I HAVE DOGS SO..........

A CLOSE UP OF MY NEW "IMPRESSIONS" DRAPES (that I spent way to much on- but then I found them on overstock for a good price too) AND THE FIREPLACE THAT WAS IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP. :(

BUT WE FIXED IT!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE HOW WE DID IT...HERE   STILL HAVE WORK TO DO ON IT. I REALLY NEED TO FIGURE OUT THE DECOR FOR THE MANTLE.  THATS IT FOR NOW. I WOULD LIKE TO EVENTUALLY DO SOME CHAIR RAIL AROUND THE ROOM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!