Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!!! ( And 30 bucks! )

YES!!! ONE DAY LATER... AND MY FIREPLACE LOOKS LIKE THIS....!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE....DID I SAY IT ENOUGH???????











INSTEAD OF THIS PLAIN JANE LOOK THAT IT HAD YESTERDAY !!!  




YAY! Love it!
AND IT COST JUST UNDER 30 BUCKS!!!  And let me tell ya...
it looks so much more impressive in person! It really does. The ceiling height in this room is 19 ft slanting down to 9 foot and this tops off at about the 9 ft mark. It was one of the easiest DIY projects I have done too. The boards (crown molding) I bought at Home Depot and my assistant, lol.. hubby cut them down. The crown molding cost about $21.00 and the corner pieces (Rosettes) were each $2.67 ea. I already had the white paint. I bought a Miter Box (just cause I always wanted one) to cut the boards but like I said you can do that at Home Depot yourself so I didn't need it. (But I am keeping it!) There's not even a tutorial to do this because it's so easy. Cut the side molding to the height you want, cut it to the width you want for the top. Include the Rosettes and nail them up!!! I got molding that was already primed white. And then paint away. The inside is just painted the same as the trim -white high gloss enamel so it shines a lot and doesn't just look like a painted wall. Thank you Pinterest for the idea!!! And thanks to my wonderful assistant  the brawn hubby who allows me to share all my ideas with him, boss him around and expect his help...immediately! lol

THE BRAWN!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!