Friday, February 14, 2014

HAPPY "NON PINK" VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!   

I am not a very sentimental person and I gotta admit- Valentine's Day is just one of the most over done holidays to me. I just don't really think much about it. And I am not a "pinkish" kind of gal. Not at all. I think it's a cute little holiday for kids to give and receive cards in class, but that's about all. That said, believe it or not it is also my wedding anniversary. Hmmmm...how'd that happen? lol... I'm not really sentimental but if either of us are, then it would be my husband. He's a sensitive guy. I guess we wanted to get married and didn't want to do it at Christmas because it would be so hard to do and quite disruptive to the holiday etc...so we waited and decided Feb 14. My husband says it was so he would never forget our anniversary. :) And he hasn't yet. So we are off to Charleston SC tomorrow to celebrate! Yay!

We live just a few hours from there but we haven't visited there yet. I've heard so much about it. I'm really excited and I hope to do a little shopping and maybe find a few treasures to bring back home! 
So Happy Anniversary to me and my wonderful loving kind sweet Godly husband. He's a good man and I am fortunate to be off to celebrate with him. These are the flowers he got me...notice they are not pink??? He knows me so well..... And I don't decorate for Valentine's Day either. I guess I'm a different kind of DIY blogger....I decorate for Christmas and a little for Thanksgiving but not much else. But if I did...it wouldn't be pink or red little hearts. Maybe more like this...
Google pic,-no source. Please let me know if you know.

Google pic,-no source. Please let me know if you know.
and maybe like this....
Google pic,-no source. Please let me know if you know.

Google pic,-no source. Please let me know if you know.


and if I made any concession to PINK it would maybe be for this little doll....

Google Image Source: Artsfield.net

So Happy Valentine's Day Y'all from me on the road to Charleston!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!