Monday, February 24, 2014

MY LIVING ROOM FACE LIFT...SHE LOOKS 20 YEARS YOUNGER!

Here is my new living room! It's not exactly "done" because my home is always a work in progress. Always. But is done for a while. And it is definitely a much happier room. :) I think it's smiling now -I know I am!  Take a look! I absolutely love it...what do you think??  

So we went from this room which I also loved once upon a time too for all it's color.. 


That's China posing and little Rudy up on the arm of the couch.


to this amazing room....that I REALLY  love now. :)




  
DO YOU LOVE MY NEW FABULOUS FIREPLACE??? I ABSOLUTELY DO! YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL LOOK OF THE FIREPLACE BEFORE PAINTING HERE...

ANOTHER SHOT OF THE FABULOUS FIREPLACE! THE SHELVES ARE IN PLACE AND I THREW SOME THINGS ON THEM BUT THEY TOO ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS. 

THE OLD TO THE NEW......



VIEW FROM THE FRONT ENTRY WAY.  AND I AM HAPPY WITH THE NEW SISAL RUG TOO. ALTHOUGH IT IS A LOT ROUGHER THAN I EXPECTED AND A BIT MUCH ON BARE FEET AFTER A WHILE. AND THE COFFEE TABLE, ALTHOUGH I LIKE IT AND HAD FUN RE-DOING IT (YOU CAN SEE THAT HERE )   -IT IS GOING TO BE REPLACED.  (It's just really not my style.) I AM GOING TO BUILD MY OWN COFFEE TABLE ON CASTER WHEELS.



And my fireplace turned out wonderful. It started out plain old oak and ugly (sorry for y'all who love oak wood) and it had been in the garage for a long time and had some water damage on the bottom. And now it's painted out white and has a new life! And as far as the mantle surround, it is a piece of cake to do. I mean seriously easy. And cheap. I think it cost about $30.00 total. No need for a "how to" on this since -I already did one for our family room fireplace. You can see that here. And my wonderful over sized clock my daughter Jesse got me has found it's new home. I love clocks as you can tell by looking at the fireplace...yep there's 3! Clocks remind me how precious time is- and not to waste it!  And the fireplace works, although it is only an electric one. It warms the whole room but mostly it's just for looks. So that's it for now. The room feels fresh and new and I am really happy with it. But I can't wait to start on my coffee table...  



Fireplace and Shelving from Home Depot
Rug from Overstock.com
Love seat from Amazon.com
Clock from Lowes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!