Sunday, December 7, 2014

SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS OF 2014

And these are a few of my favorite  things…LOL...y'all remember the song from Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music? Well, you'll just have to imagine yourself singing it as you read. :)
I thought since we were closing in on the end of the year it would be fun to share some of my favorite discoveries or just favorite things of 2014.  Just for fun….

First off, I gotta show y'all a picture of one of my favorite trees... I love this tree. It's so old fashioned and yet contemporary. Simple and elegant. I am really sorry that I can't tell ya where it's from because I couldn't find the source online.

Unknown source
And of course my favorite tree would include my own. We have a 12 ft tree in our Family room and then another 6.5 foot tree in our Living room. I'll post pictures later. But for now, here are a few of my other favorite things...


Favorite  new blog
This changes regularly of course because I love so many! Hmmm... but at this moment in time? I am lovin checkin out everything over at The Wood Grain Cottage. I love her style! Check it out for yourself.




Favorite Paint Color   Well its a toss up between Whiskers by Porter Paints below... it has such a soft grey/beige to it and looks beautiful next to a crisp white trim. It has a beachy clean look to it. I have this in several rooms in my house.


 and  Niagra Blue from Valspar. This color, depending on the lighting can have blue to teal to green hues to it. It has a very soft look to it. I just painted 2 bedrooms this color.



Favorite Rug  from Overstock.com    I am absolutely in love with this rug, although I really don't have a place for it right now. But love still abounds! :)  Some of the reviews on it state that its not as pretty in person. What?! I don't want to know that because I really think this color is gorgeous. 


Favorite Saying   (and aint it the truth!!!)




Favorite Scripture...this also changes all the time. Right? I mean as long as I'm reading and continuing through His Word I hope to continue to find new discoveries on a regular basis. But right now there are 2 favorites that come to mind.

1.  Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Ps 141:3

2.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Roman 8:28


Favorite Wine... this is really a smooth Merlot for right around $12.00


Favorite Song this year...Yeah I know that maybe it was a bit over played this year but I LOVE it and it makes me so very happy when I hear it.





Favorite Book   There are so many that I've read, that its tough to pick one so I'm just actually throw one up here to post....                            
                                                         THE FAULT IN OUR STARS




Favorite Movie    Yeah I can't help it. This one was really good!                              

                                                                 THE LEGO MOVIE


One of my favorite recipes has to be my newly discovered love of stuffed peppers. I'll post the recipe later...


and I also love this Chicken and Veggie Soup. You can find the recipe here. 




And my ALL TIME FAVORITE TV SHOW THIS YEAR???!!? And I do mean ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!

                                                            THE WALKING DEAD



So what's new that you discovered this year and fell in love with? I'd love to hear about it below..

3 comments:

  1. My favorites include:
    Family time
    Folly Beach
    CHARLESTON
    My yellow lab..Zoe
    wineries with new found friends
    cross country skiing at night with only the moon and stars illuminating the path
    teaching 5th grade! They are much more innocent and sweet!
    dancing!
    Making bread
    Fun and caring friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since there's no name I don't know if I know you or not! Lol...but I love Charleston too - my son lives there. And I'm on board with the wineries too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!