Tuesday, December 2, 2014

WALKING EACH OTHER HOME THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

So here we are with the holiday season upon us. YAY!!! I so love Christmas. It is seriously my favorite time of the year. People everywhere are nice! Lol…
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with tons of family and food. We put up our tree a bit early this year because my daughter Jessica was surprising her little ones with a trip to Disney for Christmas and wanted them to open their “gift” under the tree. J  
So now I am in the frenzy of decorating for the holidays. I love it! I truly do. I love everything about the Holiday season. Baking cookies, decorating, family, fun, going out looking at lights, the friendly spirit of strangers….everything! But mostly it is a beautiful and festive reminder of Christ for me. It reminds me that this life, with all its joys and sadness are temporal. My forever home is with Christ someday. Because of his sacrifice and blood shed for me at the cross, his death brings me life when I put my hope and faith in Him. That is my Christmas wish for all!  but...

We must also remember this time is precious. We are not promised tomorrow. Celebrate Him and celebrate family, friends and love at this time of the year. Enjoy every moment of it as we should. But just remember the true spirit of the season. And that some are hurting at this time. Reach out to others. Invite them into your life. Both strangers, friends and family. Make amends. Forgive hurts. Donate. Love. Start over.
In the last couple years I have 3 friends who have lost a child. All of them taken too soon. Two of them taken violently at the hands of another and one from a drug overdose. This particular season will not necessarily bring them joy, without pain. Just this week, one of my friends lost her son. He was shot and killed. She is hundreds of miles away and I wish I could be there with her, but thankfully she has Jesus in her life to comfort her. If you are a praying soul…..please pray for my friend we’ll call T. And for her family -that they can process this, lean into the Lord and be healed.
My point of writing this is not to sadden you. But to remind us all, that life is unpredictable and there is so much more to it. We must remember to lean into and praise the Lord that died for you. We celebrate His life this Christmas season. If you don’t know Him, or have no faith, I pray you find Him. Knowing Him, brings me peace, joy and comfort when this world goes crazy. The Bible tells us in Deut 4:29  “…seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul” This season is beautiful in all its glory. But it is even more so when you truly appreciate the reason for it.
So in all our decorating and festivities, do not forget the One true God, “For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life”.   
And remember when you see that unhappy face in the aisle, or the grumpy cashier, or not so nice waitress….we all have a story. And for some if might not be such a joyful story this season. So don’t be so quick to judge or get angry or gripe about their attitude. Instead, maybe we should adjust ours. Make a choice. Show Grace to others, allow it to flow from your heart. Show kindness and mercy to others. Touch their hearts. Pray for them, smile at them, and give them a kind or encouraging word. Bless them. Your grace may be the one thing that carries them through this time of year. We all have a story, and remember, WE ARE ALL JUST WALKING EACH OTHER HOME…

Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as Gods chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience…



No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!