Tuesday, March 10, 2015

WHO KNEW? APPARENTLY EVERYONE BUT ME!

I just wanted to do a quick share with y'all about a few things I discovered recently that apparently most others already knew. And one that I've known about for years too that I thought I'd share. So if ya didn't already know about these, here ya go....


Elderberry Syrup. This stuff is amazing! My daughter had the flu last week and someone recommended this to me. I think it was my friend Kelly but if I am mistaken...sorry! She took several teaspoons of it and it helped with the symptoms a lot. She swears she felt like it made a big difference in the severity and length of the flu. You can read more about it here. Its completely natural so you can actually use it quite often I'm told and even give it to little ones. It is expensive though.






Pedicure Egg    Ok...am I the only one who goes barefoot all the time and pays for it with callouses on their feet? This product showed pictures like this being turned into this. I didn't believe it. Well, guess what? After years of trying to moisturize my feet to look like the after picture I can attest....this thing works! Yes my feet looked like the before and now look like the after. It is amazing! And I bought it from Bed, Bath and Beyond for only about $15 bucks. You can buy it online at Amazon too. I am not kidding you....it works!!!



Coconut Oil I bought this for cooking and read all these awesome things about it. I haven't mixed it for deodorant yet but I did for a face exfollient. Its simple to mix and considering the amount you use it will last a long time. I have used it for 3 days now. It feels like a scrub first going on your face and when you add warm water it becomes so soft and luxurious I can't believe it. I use a warm washrag to remove it and don't even feel like I need to moisturize afterwards. I update in a month or so if I see any difference and how the deodorant actually works. 




Edit: I forgot to mention my recipe for my Coconut Oil facial scrub! 

2 tbsp. Sugar
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp hot water (if needed to help mix)

Mix it all together into a soft paste and put it in an adorable little jar like this one. I keep it in the bathroom and use it almost every night for my face and neck. It'll last quite a while because a dime size amount works great  :) 

Your face feels amazing afterward and it smells wonderful.





Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion. This gem has been around for years and years... It is a pretty inexpensive moisturizer that helps to fade age spots and scars. My mom was in a bad accident back in the 70's and used this on a huge cut across her chin. She used it every day and you can not see the scar there. She swore by it. I still use it as a moisturizer to this day.



Vitamin D and Cancer  Have you read a lot of the research about this? I'm just going to give you the link to read yourself. I don't want to give any kind of "medical" advise. I just wanna say that I am pretty interested in the supposed capabilities of Vitamin D in fighting cancer. I take 5000 IU a day.



So there ya have it. A few "who knew's?" to share with ya. How about you? Any that you would like to share? I love finding new things and natural remedies to use. Please share if you have any, I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. thanks of the info ! I will try the elderberry syrup and the pedicure egg tool - I saw it at walmart in the ' as seen on tv aisle" but was reluctant to buy it not knowing if it works. I already use the coconut oil & lotion. Good stuff for sure. I also take Vit D-3. I am on 10,000 a day. My doctor tests my D levels thru blood work twice a year. They r in the normal range with the high dosage. When she tried to reduce it down to 5,000 a day, it dropped too low again. For some reason my body doesnt store it well. I guess I just I will continue on the higher amounts. Thanks again Ginger !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! The PedEgg honestly worked wonderful on my feet! I mean they really look like the "after" picture now. Seriously, I am so pleased with it. $15 well spent. Along with the syrup, pricey but it said if you take it within 24 hours of the onset of flu symptoms it will drastically reduce the time sick. :) Thanks again for stopping by my little blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate each and every one of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. I read each one and I love getting your feedback on my projects and thoughts. Thank you so much! Please come back!